Supporting a safe and healthy legal workplace
Forums Home

Carers Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Eating Disorder, Personality Disorder - Need a shoulder ......

if I only walk for ten mins - that’s better than none ... even if I only read my favourite book for 5 mins that’s a win . @Sophie1 , I love that , have to remember this

hugs @Faith-and-Hope  Heart

Thanks @Shaz51 ..... and hugs back to you 🤗💕

D3 and I have survived our first day ..... 👍

@Faith-and-Hope  Thinking of you today. Founds these and smiled. I love them all. Here is your silver lining 💜🤗😘

CFF7CE32-CF94-432C-9343-CB657EC3F1A9.jpeg37D1412A-8D20-4E22-A7E1-CE48249514AB.jpeg2D214259-63F0-4D5C-AB74-32ECC2579154.jpeg

💜🤗💕 Love it @Teej ....

D3 and I have come out of today okay, although she has come home and gone to sleep.

so glad things have gone well today @Faith-and-Hope and that you had a good first day back along with D3 going too!
hoping D2 was ok with the carer too

Thanks @outlander 💕

D2 and carer is in a couple of days.

Helping S2 to get his ducks lined up tomorrow hopefully .....

D3 is really tired tonight, probably more from anxiety than anything, but she has made a start ..., yay 🎉

that is great Smiley Happy @Faith-and-Hope things sound like they are falling into line. . its good to see S2 and D3 making steps forward with their studies too Heart

Aaaaand ..... the rollercoaster begins again .....

I have a non-class-contact day today, so S2 has “booked” me to sit with him while he goes through his uni enrolment stuff and gets himself sorted.  He has been “booking” me, then shying off when my day has been dotted with carer interviews, physio appointment, shopping for the house, then uni start yesterday.  It’s all too disruptive to his state of mind.

Now this morning I have woken up to a message from D3 to say that she doesn’t feel she can go today, that it will be too much on top of yesterday.  It will mean she misses two introductory classes.  I am guessing this is her social anxiety kicking in, and if I were on campus with her it would support her enough to step up, at least to go to the classes for the first half hour of them.  If I do, I won’t be here for S2, who isn’t enrolled yet ..... 😔

The tutor D3 and I had yesterday, in separate classes, was a bit strange.  They seemed agitated, were talking really fast, bombarded us with information, and were more than a bit emotionally aggressive.  I found it a bit confronting and overwhelming, and spoke to someone in authority about how I felt.  It sounded like they were a little less aggressive with D3’s class, but still, I am guessing it has contributed to how she feels today.

I think S2 needs to be my priority, and it’s not the end of the world if D3 misses these first two classes ..... but it also demonstrates that she is not truly on her feet yet.

You can begin to see just how disruptive this carer situation for D2 was on top of S2 and D3 restarting their studies with their mental health needs.

Its a baby steps day for me today now ..... I am just going to focus on breathing, and taking it hour by hour .....

Okay, update .....

D3 has agreed to do online what she can today, re emailing the tutors to say she is unwell.  Her mh support status is not finalised yet to be able to draw on that, so “feeling unwell” will do for now.

She needs to finalise attendance enrollment in one of tadsy’s classes, which may have been overwhelming her too, but that can be sorted online.  I need to work out how many boxes can be ticked by remote today.  She is more concerned about mr.’s reaction to her missing classes already, but he leaves to go west mid-afternoon, so she just needs to lay low until then.

S2 was still enrolled in his course 🎉🎉🎉 ..... just wasn’t signed into any classes.  He is completing his course from last year across this year, however the course has been restructured, so he requires a personalised timetable to align the outstanding units with the new course layout.

He has made contact with his head of course, with an appointment set up for tomorrow ✅👍

Highlighted

I think I have sorted out as much as I can for today, for now, so I am going to take D2 out for coffee (she drinks tea) and just chill for a while.  I need a “time out”.  This last hour has completely zapped my energy.

Mr. is off to The Coffee Place for the next couple of hours at least, so that gives D3 some space from him.  He is placated as far as S2 goes for now, and taking D2 out with mean, aside from giving her much-needed personal attention, creates a shield against mr.’s implied accusation that I am neglecting her ..... 

Sigh ..... 😔

Rollercoaster down ......

For urgent assistance, call: